Compliance Across Asia – New Challenges and Chances for Practical Integrity
26 September - 27 September
On 26 and 27 September 2019, the German-Southeast Asian Center of Excellence for Public Policy and Good Governance (CPG) and the Viadrina Compliance Center (VCC), in cooperation with the Alliance for Integrity and with support from the Hanns Seidel Foundation, will host the international conference “Compliance Across Asia – New Challenges and Chances for Practical Integrity” at the Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.
The conference is part of a series of events co-organized by CPG and VCC over recent years that have focused on significant compliance developments across Asian countries. Though an increasing number of companies have equipped themselves with compliance systems or seek advice in this regard, practi-cal compliance implementation still varies significantly due to disparate laws and unequal enforcement activities. The risks from non-compliance differ substantially, affecting business judgments and consultancy practice.
At the same time, the impacts of non-compliant business activities have remained visible in recent years. Bribery and corruption, environmental pollution and violation of labor rights are among the most prominent examples.
The conference therefore asks what works and addresses concrete challenges in practical compliance implementation. It brings together attorneys, compliance officers, law enforcement officials, company representatives, NGOs and academics with extensive hands-on experience to present and discuss re-cent developments, selected case-studies, empirical findings and best practices.
The conference topics include:
• Risk assessment and third-party due diligence
• Standards and certification
• Monitoring and reporting obligations
• Cross-cultural compliance and compliance communication across borders
• Unified code of conduct – Between dreams and reality
• Whistleblowing – Cultural challenges and opportunities
• Compliance 4.0 – Challenges of digitalization
- Wilson Ang, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright (Asia), Singapore
- Anchalee Anuchitanukul, Head of Compliance, Novartis (Thailand) Ltd. (TBC)
- Shweta Bharti, Senior Partner, Hammurabi & Solomon, New Delhi, India
- Nuttpong Chantarasapt, General Manager, Compliance Management and Legal, Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) Co. Ltd., Bangkok (TBC)
- Henry (Litong) Chen, Senior Partner, Dentons, Shanghai, China
- Philipp Dupuis, Minister-Counsellor, Head of the Economic and Trade Section, Delegation of the European Union to Thailand, Bangkok (TBC)
- Ronald Goon, Senior Director Business Practices & Compliance, Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals, Singapore
- Maureen Harris, Southeast Asia Program Director, International Rivers, Bangkok (TBC)
- James Kallman, Co-Founder, Foundation for International Human Rights Reporting Standards (FIHRRST), Jakarta
- Sirilaksana Khoman, Chair, Economic Sector Corruption Prevention, National Anti-Corruption Commission Thailand
- Pamela Kiesselbach, Senior Consultant, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, Hong Kong
- Bartosz Makovicz, Professor, Viadrina Compliance Center, Europa-Universität Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder), Germany
- Mridul Mehta, Sub-Regional Compliance Head, Fresenius Medical Care, Gurgaon, India
- Rebecca Mohr, General Counsel, Head of Compliance, City Holdings Group, Yangon, Myanmar
- N.N., Baker McKenzie, Bangkok, Thailand (TBC)
- Anand Raj, Partner, Shearn Delamore & Co., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (TBC)
- Vorapong Sutanont, Partner, Risk Consulting, PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting (Thailand) Ltd., Bangkok
- Simon NM Young, Professor, Faculty of Law, The University of Hong Kong
The conference is open to the public and free of charge.
Participants who plan to attend the conference please register at https://s.surveyplanet.com/os1ClNEmu.
More information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, +66(0)2-613-2971 (Ms. Venus Phuangkom, Event Manager).