- This event has passed.
CPG Academy “Managing Deep Change: Digitalization, Artificial Intelligence and Biotech”
14 October from 9:00 - 18 October from 17:00
“Managing Deep Change: Digitalization, Artificial Intelligence and Biotech”
on the occasion of CPG’s 10th anniversary
14-18 October 2019, Faculty of Law, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand
Evidently, the advancement of artificial intelligence, digitalization and biotech has and will increasingly have huge impact on virtually everything that is important to us. Arguably, this rapidly growing impact will define the future of humanity. While the current transformation is comprehended to a certain extent and as a defining factor for numerous aspects of our daily lives, few do understand the drivers and consequences of this groundbreaking change in depth.
This lack of knowledge and understanding applies to both, the technological foundations, domains and potentials but also the looming transformations of labor, economy, law, politics and peace to be expected in wake of them. It is thus crucial for everyone to gain a basic understanding of what is going on in terms of digitalization, AI, and biotech, to get in touch with the basic realities and inherent potentials of an entire new matrix of modernity that is emerging.
To provide basic knowledge on basics, crosscutting insights and opportunities to engage in interdisciplinary discussions with a group of experts in various areas in the broad field of AI, digitalization and biotech CPG will host the CPG Academy on “Managing Deep Change: Digitalization, Artificial Intelligence & Biotech” from 14-18 October 2019 at the Faculty of Law, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand, with a waiver of our regular fee of 6.000 Baht on occasion of the 10th anniversary of CPG.
The academy features professionals and academics from Europe, Australia, and Asia who will introduce in future technologies, transformation scenarios, ethical problems and the challenge to govern these transformations in form of lectures and debates complemented by group work sessions, an excursion to the Thailand branch of a world-leading robotics firm and a movie workshop. Aiming at the overall objective to equip participants with a clearer understanding of the processes defining the horizon where the world is heading to, we strive to provide an intense and interactive learning experience that will transcend disciplinary borders and prepare the ground for participants to engage with the future more informed.
We are facing the implementation of a number of new technologies of transformative, if not disruptive, impact for the individual in particular as well as for the society at large. In a number of sessions participants will be made familiar with the technical fundaments of some of the most impactful technologies, such as:
- Internet of Things
- Quantum computing
- Crypto currencies
- 3D Printing
Equipped with this knowledge participants will engage in discussions on fundamental ethical, legal and political questions and issues arising from the challenges these technologies pose to the foundations of our societies including:
- Brave new working world: Industrial automation & robotics
- Governance of artificial intelligence
- Ethical dilemmas in human enhancement & biotechnology
- Our liberty at stake? – Big data, privacy and democracy
The Academy will be held from October 14-18, 2019, at the Faculty of Law, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand’s oldest and most prestigious law school.
Course package: participation in the academy, free access to online material, excursion, five lunches, one dinner, free admission to sightseeing spots. Upon completion of the course participants will receive a certificate. As a bonus, participants of the Academy are invited to join CPG’s 10th annual conference “Governing the Future: Artificial Intelligence, Digitalization, Dataism” from 18-20 October 2019 at Lebua at State Tower Hotel. Please inform us in your application if you would like to participate in the conference as well. (http://www.cpg-online.de/cpg-event/governing-the-future-digitalization-artificial-intelligence-dataism/).
Fee: Waived on occasion of celebrating the 10th year anniversary of CPG
Teaching language: English
Dress code: Smart casual/Business casual
Travel and accommodation are self-funded. For participants not residing in Bangkok, our team is happy to offer support in finding and booking suitable accommodation nearby if required.
Contact: Ms. Venus Phuangkom, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alexander Brezing, Lecturer in Industrial Design and Machine Design, King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok, Thailand
- Eng Seng Chia, Associate Professor, Department of Industrial Systems Engineering and Management, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Peerapat Chokesuwattanaskul, Lecturer in Legal Informatics, Law and Technology, Faculty of Law, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Massimo Durante, Professor of Philosophy of Law and Legal Informatics, Department of Law, University of Turin, Italy
- Anthony Elliott, Professor of Sociology; Executive Director, Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence & Network, University of South Australia, Australia
- Henning Glaser, Director, German-Southeast Asian Center of Excellence for Public Policy and Good Governance (CPG), Thailand
- Soraj Hongladarom, Professor of philosophy, Director, Center for Ethics of Science and Technology, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Matthias Jürgens,Chief Information Security Officer and Chief Technology Officer, B. Grimm Bangkok; founder and Chief Executive Officer, 22kN, Thailand
- Nontavat Khaekom, Chief Technical Officer, Wisesight Thailand
- Janina Loh, Assistant Professor in Philosophy of Technology and Media, Department of Philosophy, University of Vienna, Austria
- Roman Meinhold, Assistant Professor in Business Ethics, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Chris Reed, Professor of Computer Science and Philosophy; Head, Centre for Argument Technology, University of Dundee, United Kingdom
- Lasse Schuldt, Lecturer, Faculty of Law, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Martin Wenzel, Chief Executive Officer, Kuka Southeast Asia, Thailand
- Pindar Wong, Chairman, VeriFi (Hong Kong) Ltd, China
Application for Participation
Participants will be selected on the basis of application papers.
Applications papers shall contain the filled online application form available at https://s.surveyplanet.com/cjM4aRNRV as well as a CV with picture and a motivation statement, to be sent until October 10, 2019, to Ms. Venus Phuangkom, email@example.com. Upon receipt of application documents, applicants will receive response and admission decision within three days.
More information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms. Venus)