- This event has passed.
CPG Academy on German Public Law and Politics
15 October - 18 October
Are you interested in the history, society, political and legal system of Germany? Have you ever wondered how the “German model” works? Why do historic events still shape the current Federal Republic? What holds the German social fabric together – despite “refugee crisis”, “Brexit” and the aftermath of the “Euro crisis”? Who are the main political actors, and what is on their agenda? And how does the German constitu-tional and public law contribute to the German success story?
On the occasion of its 10th anniversary, the German-Southeast Asian Center of Excellence for Public Policy and Good Governance (CPG) hosts the Academy on German Public Law and Politics from 15 to 18 October 2019 at the Faculty of Law of Thammasat University in Bangkok.
German professors and lecturers introduce major concepts and elements of the German political and legal system.
The Academy covers:
- German political history, the shaping of national identity and social cohesion
- The position of the “Basic Law” in Germany’s legal and political system
- German democracy and parliamentarism
- Basic rights protection and human dignity
- Administrative justice and the social state in the face of multiple “crises”
- Legal transplants and the role of German law around the world
- Foreign policy of the Federal Republic and Germany’s role in the European Union
- German legal methods
- Film seminar: “The Lives of Others”
- Henning Glaser, Director, CPG
- Dr. Duc Quang Ly, CPG
- Dr. Lasse Schuldt, CPG
- Jan Kliem, CPG
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kittisak Prokati, Thammasat University
- Prof. Dr. Moritz Bälz, Goethe University Frankfurt
- Prof.-em. Dr. Ingwer Ebsen, Goethe University Frankfurt
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Rainer Hofmann, Goethe University Frankfurt
- Prof. Dr. Niels Petersen, University of Münster
Eligible are all curious and motivated students and young professionals who want to acquire insights about Germany’s political system and society as well as legal skills and knowledge of German public law.
The Academy will be held from October 15-18, 2019, at the Faculty of Law, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand’s oldest and most prestigious law school.
Participation in the academy, four lunches, one dinner. Upon completion of the course participants will receive a certificate.
As a bonus, participants of the Academy are invited to join CPG’s 10th annual conference “Governing the Future: Artificial Intelligence, Digitalization, Dataism” from 18-20 Octo-ber 2019 at Lebua at State Tower Hotel. Please inform us in your application if you would like to participate in the conference as well.
More information about CPG’s 10th annual conference: http://www.cpg-online.de/cpgevent/governing-the-future-digitalizationartificial-intelligence-dataism/
Fee: Waived on occasion of celebrating the 10th anniversary of CPG
Teaching language: English
Dress code: Smart casual/Business casual
Travel and accommodation are self-funded. For participants not residing in Bangkok, our team is happy to offer support in finding and booking suitable accommodation nearby if required.
Contact: Ms. Venus Phuangkom, firstname.lastname@example.org, +66(0)2-613-2971
Participants will be selected on the basis of their applications.
Applications consist of the online application form available at https://s.surveyplanet.com/CvMOHZKAQ as well as a CV and a motivation statement, to be sent until 4 October 2019, to Ms. Venus Phuangkom, email@example.com.
Upon receipt of application documents, applicants will receive response and admission decision within three days.