The Global Commons:
Infographic and Recommended Readings
CPG’s 8th Annual International Conference “The Global Commons and the Governance of Unappropriated Spaces” will be held on 20-22 October 2017 at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel Bangkok.
The subject of the conference pertains to the increasingly contested global commons, and the corresponding cardinal problem of the governance of unappropriated spaces. No other legal and political issue is comparable in its potential to undermine the rule of law and global order.
On this page, you find selected material in preparation of the conference.
1. Global Agenda: Navigating Contested Global Spaces
2. The Tragedy of the Global Commons
3. Global Commons from the European Journal of International Law
4. Arctic ambitions: Could the opening up of the Arctic become the next South China Sea?
6. Floating Treasure: Space Law Needs to Catch Up with Asteroid Mining
7. Who owns the Moon?
8. Outer Space and Cyberspace: A Tale of Two Security Realms
9. Letting Governments Police the Internet is a Terrible Idea
10. Who Makes the Rules for Outer Space?
11. The Global Oceans Regime